Funke is to be found right in the heart of Ghent, in the lofty shadows of the picturesque St. Jacobs church. Funke started out as an idea on a piece of paper, but during the past two years, it developed into something very real: a creative incubator and culturally sound nightclub. Funke inhabits many rooms, spread over three floors in a 19th-century building. We host exhibitions, live shows, workshops, lectures, meetings, private dining events and of course: nightlife. We rarely get bored around here, as we’re steadily growing towards 150 events each year. That’s also part of why we’re looking for a club manager!
As our club manager you will be making sure that all of our night-time operations run smoothly - in close cooperation with our bar manager.
By instructing the rest of our crew - and jumping in when needed - you run a tight ship. In doing so, all of our visitors enjoy their night to the fullest and have a very pleasurable experience: from queue, to entrance, to bar, to the dancefloor - and back. You know the building like the back of your hand, you solve a problem when it arises and you are co-responsible (together with all the staff) to create an environment, in which everyone feels safe to express themselves.
We are looking for an experienced and hospitable person who knows his/her/their way around. Someone who can take the lead when needed. Someone who can maintain a cool head in a dynamic, versatile - and sometimes quite hectic - work environment.
In addition to a competitive salary package, Funke offers you a warm welcome to what is perhaps the closest family in Ghent.
- You are 23 years old (or older)
- Fluency in English is a must, Dutch is a plus
- Demonstrable experience in hospitality industry (preferably in a bar or club)
- Experience in a management position
- Physically fit
- Hands-on, flexible and energetic
- Structured and eager to learn
- Convincing, decisive and entrepreneurial
- Social and communicative skills (both verbally and written)
- Strong problem solving skills and to be able to cope with high work pressure
- You are caring and have eye for detail
- Affinity with electronic music and night culture is a plus
- At the very least some reasonable dance moves
We expect a minimum availability of three weekends per month. You will work a 35-hour week within the following schedule:
Thursday: 20:00 to 6:30
Friday: 21:00 to 8:15
Saturday: 21:00 to 8:15
+ 1 hour/week for briefing/debriefing
What we offer
- A working environment like no other on the most beautiful place of Ghent;
- A challenging and dynamic job, where you can show off your organizational and problem solving skills;
- A competitive salary package;
- A free vegetable meal at the beginning of every shift (believe us: this is actually the biggest asset of the job)
Are you the night crawler we are looking for? Send a resumé and a motivational letter to Elise Schautteet at firstname.lastname@example.org.