picture courtesy of vandenbussche-vandenbossche
Funke is to be found right in the heart of Ghent, in the lofty shadows of the picturesque St. Jacobs church. Funke started out as an idea on a piece of paper, but during the past two years, it developed into something very real: a creative incubator and culturally sound nightclub. Funke inhabits many rooms, spread over three floors in a 19th-century building. We host exhibitions, live shows, workshops, lectures, meetings, private dining events and of course: nightlife. We rarely get bored around here, as we’re steadily growing towards 150 events each year.
As a host in Funke, you will ensure that everyone can enjoy a good and safe night out, regardless of their origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion and age.
You welcome visitors, scan or sell tickets and monitor the capacity of the club. You live and breathe the place, know the club policy and communicate this in an passionate way. You guard the safe.r space & atmosphere we all want to create together. As a central figure you are approachable and accessible, both for the staff and the public. You are able to assess each visitor, you keep your eyes and ears open and act on situations that prevent people from being themselves. In doing so, you always know how to keep calm. You are conflict avoidant, dialogue is your strongest quality.
In preparation, don’t hesitate to read our policy and our commitment to create a safe.r space.
In addition to a competitive salary package, Funke offers you a warm welcome to what is perhaps the closest family in Ghent.
- You are 25 years old (or older)
- Fluency in English is a must, Dutch is a plus
- Relevant experience (in nightlife or events)
- Confident, standing strong in your shoes
- Physically fit to work outside and to stand up during long periods of time
- Honest and reliable
- Friendly, polite but assertive and always professional
- Team player and an excellent communicator
- A passion for keeping people safe and making them feel safe (and welcome)
- Affinity with electronic music and night culture is a plus
We expect a minimum availability of four shifts per month. Possible shifts look like the following:
Thursday: 23:00 to 4:30
Friday: 23:00 to 8:00
Saturday: 23:00 to 7:00
Sunday: 7:00 to 11:00
What we offer
- A working environment like no other in the most beautiful place of Ghent
- A challenging and dynamic job, where you can show off your hospitality and communicative skills
- A competitive salary package
- A free vegetable meal at the beginning of every shift (believe us: this is actually the biggest asset of the job)
Are you the bridge figure we are looking for? Send a resumé and a motivational letter to Elise Schautteet at firstname.lastname@example.org.